One taste of this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake and you’ll be in love. Best part, its made entirely in the Instant Pot!
Have you tried my BEST EVER Instant Pot Cheesecake yet?? I posted the recipe last week and since then, I have received several emails/messages from people saying it was amazing! Something about the Instant Pot cooking it versus the oven, but it turns out perfect! Texture on point, flavor, and simplicity!
Yesterday, I decided to try my hand at yet another cheesecake (see original recipe here). My kids were off school for President’s Day, so I had my daughter home to help aka taste test, hehe!
My family has a slight obsession with anything chocolate peanut butter, so I knew this would be a hit! I had planned on using graham cracker crumbs for the crust, but my daughter convinced me of Oreo’s instead. Good thinking on her part because that was a PERFECT compliment to the peanut butter cheesecake and chocolate topping!
After getting this cheesecake prepped and ready, we set it into the Instant Pot and were able to move on with things around the house without having to worry about it over baking. Once the timer beeped and the 10 minute natural release opened, we removed the lid and this cheesecake looked/smelled incredible!
We had a hard time letting it cool off and chill because we all wanted to dive in.
We made a chocolate ganache frosting to pour on top followed by chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups. Not the most diet friendly dessert around, but hey, you only live once, right?! Trust me, this cheesecake is well worth the extra few miles you’ll need to run to burn it off!
After yet another cheesecake turning out phenomenal, I deem the Instant Pot my new go to method for baking! So full of flavor, simple to prepare, and the texture can’t be beat!
Be sure to try it and let me know what you think! I’m on Instagram, so come follow me and use the hashtag #thecookinchicks so I can see your creations!
Also, be sure to sign up for my newsletter below! I’ll be giving away an Instant Pot coming up to one of my subscribers!!
Instant Pot: https://amzn.to/2EkDttj
7 inch Springform Pan: https://amzn.to/2EkDwW1
Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cu peanut butter, creamy
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 6 oz milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup peanut butter cups, chopped
- Spray a 7 inch springform pan evenly with spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the oreo crumbs and melted butter.
- Once combined, spread mixture evenly using a fork, onto bottom of prepared springform pan.
- Place pan into freezer for about 10 minutes.
- While crust is freezing, place the cream cheese and sugar into a medium bowl and combine using a hand held mixer.
- Once smooth, add in the peanut butter, heavy cream, vanilla, and flour. Stir until just combined.
- Add in the eggs (and yolk), one at a time, mixing only until just combined. *Be sure not to overmix this step.
- Remove pan (crust) from freezer and spread cream cheese mixture evenly on crust.
- Place a paper towel on the bottom of the springform pan and wrap a piece of tin foil around to hold the paper towel close. Tin foil can wrap around sides of pan if needed. This will absorb any extra moisture when baking.
- Take a piece of tin foil and fold lengthwise to create a sling. Place under the springform pan.
- Pour 1 cup water onto bottom of Instant Pot liner and place the metal trivet inside.
- Lower the springform pan onto the trivet using the sling.
- Place the lid on top of Instant Pot and bake manual, high pressure, for 50 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, allow a 10 minute natural pressure release followed by a quick release.
- Remove the lid and use the sling to take the cheesecake out from pot.
- Place on a cooling rack for about 30 minutes before placing into the refrigerator to fully chill a minimum of 4 hours, best if overnight.
- Once fully chilled, place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl.
- Pour the heavy cream into a saucepan and heat until boiling.
- Pour boiling cream over milk chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Pour over cheesecake and sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups on top.
- Keep refrigerated if not serving right away! Enjoy!