This Easy Instant Pot Cajun Pasta comes together using only 6 ingredients and in only about 25 minutes! Quick, flavorful, and budget friendly!
I love quick and easy dinners, which is why I LOVE the Instant Pot! How ever did I survive for years without one?!?! If you are looking for a Christmas idea for friends/family, I highly recommend gifting an Instant Pot! A few years ago, I bought my mom one for Christmas and now she is hooked like me!
Last night, I was short on time due to school schedules, tumble class, and homework duty. I needed something fast and easy! Luckily, earlier in the day I had defrosted some smoked sausage, so I was able to cut it up, add a few more ingredients, turn on the Instant Pot, and BAM….dinner was cooking!
The one question I tend to get the most when posting Cajun recipes is….”will this be too spicy”? Let me assure you, the recipe as written will NOT be too spicy…in fact, my kids said it was mild compared to a few other dishes I made and my hubby suggested I add more spice to it next time, haha!
Below, you will find a list of my go to Cajun blends! Definitely try them out! Some are offered in stores, others are online only, but all of them are definitely worth having on hand!
This Easy Instant Pot Cajun Pasta was served with my Cheddar Bay Biscuits and a fresh, fruit salad, but you can serve it with just about anything!
The best part, we got to enjoy the leftovers for lunch today and it was just as tasty (if not more because it absorbed the sauce even more)!
If you like quick and easy meals, you have come to the right place!
Let me know what you think if you try this and don’t forget to come connect with me on Instagram too! Click HERE!
Cajun Seasoning Favorites:
Now, if you are in the market for an Instant Pot, or gifting one at the Holidays…check out the one I have below. Its simple, but perfect for my family of 5! I also swear by my non-stick liner because it makes clean up a breeze! Check that link out as well!
Easy Instant Pot Cajun Pasta
- 14 oz Smoked Sausage *cut into small slices
- 16 oz rotini or penne
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- In your Instant Pot liner, add in the sausage, pasta, broth, cream, and seasoning.
- Ensure pasta is covered by liquid fully.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and move valve at top to sealing position.
- Cook manual, high pressure for 9 minutes, followed by a 9 minute natural pressure release.
- Once done, move pin to release any additional pressure.
- Remove lid and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Allow to rest for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!