Instant Pot Cheesecake couldn’t be easier or more delicious than this! Add your favorite toppings and serve at your next gathering!
A while back, I joined an Instant Pot Facebook group for ideas and recipe sharing! The group continues to grow and I find myself constantly scrolling through the posts for inspiration. Over the last few months, I noticed everyone raving about cheesecake in their Instant Pot. Now, I am one of those people that wonders “why make it in the Instant Pot when its easily made in oven”, so never tried it!
Last week however, one of the ladies in the group posted a strawberry cheesecake that literally made my stomach growl. Well, that and I was hungry already, but you get the point, hehe!
Not only did she say it was simple to make, but she said it was the best cheesecake she had ever had and she believe the Instant Pot only enhanced the flavor. Say what?!! Of course I immediately was intrigued!
One of my favorite desserts is cheesecake. Chocolate is my go to, but pretty much any flavor you can’t go wrong. I knew I HAD to try it for myself.
Yesterday, I finally had some free time in the morning and decided to spend it whipping this up. Not only did I have it ready for the Instant Pot in under 10 minutes, but once cook time was set, I was able to move on with getting a few things around the house done.
After the cook time was through and natural pressure release was done, I lifted this out and it smelled phenomenal. I was a little nervous because I hadn’t smoothed the top out completely so it wasn’t as “pretty” as I was used to.
The top was a little wrinkled, but nothing a little caramel and chocolate sauce couldn’t hide! Next time, I will pay more attention to that step, haha!
I hid this in the refrigerator to surprise my family after dinner. When I pulled this out, their eyes immediately lit up and they were excited to try it!
I have three little ones, so I wasn’t sure if they too would love this, but after watching them devour their slices, I would say it was a huge hit! My middle kiddo even asked for another slice!
The flavor was incredible and the texture was moist and spot on! Now that I’ve made one, I see a lot of cheesecake in my future!
Next up, chocolate peanut butter! My favorite!
If you have an Instant Pot, I highly recommend trying this! For those of you that don’t, I have included the oven instructions below!
Enjoy and be sure to sign up for my newsletter below!!
Instant Pot: https://amzn.to/2TQ62Uv
7 inch Springform pan: https://amzn.to/2TOyshR
Follow me on Instagram here, https://www.instagram.com/thecookinchicks/
Here are my other Instant Pot recipes, https://thecookinchicks.com/tag/instant-pot/
BEST EVER Instant Pot Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cup Ritz crackers, crushed
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- toppings of choice: caramel, chocolate, fruit
- 2 cups warm water
- Spray a 7 inch Springform pan with cooking spray. Be sure to coat entire pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the Ritz, butter, and sugar.
- Press mixture firmly onto bottom of prepared Springform pan. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer preferably, combine the cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add in the sour cream, flour, salt, and vanilla. Mix.
- Add in the eggs and stir until just combined, be sure not to overmix.
- Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over Ritz cracker crust and spread until smooth.
- Take a paper towel and fold it to fit under the Springform pan. Place tin foil over the paper towel and wrap it tightly to create a moisture barrier on bottom of pan.
- Take another piece of tin foil and fold it into thirds length wise. Place lid under Springform pan to create a sling in the Instant Pot. *This will help remove pan from Instant Pot easily.
- Pour water into Instant Pot.
- Place trivet into pot (the one it came with) over the water.
- Using the sling, place the cheesecake into the pot, sitting on the trivet.
- Cover and ensure valve at top is in sealing position.
- Set cook time for manual, high pressure, 35 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, allow a natural pressure release.
- Once pin has dropped, open lid and remove cheesecake using the foil sling. Place on a cooling rack for about 1 hour.
- After cooled, place cheesecake in refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight.
- Place desired toppings on top and serve! Enjoy!
Oven baking: follow steps 1-7. Place in a preheated oven, 350 degrees, and bake for about 45-55 minutes.