This potato dish is one that my mom has been making for years. It is almost always made for our Thanksgiving, as well as when people come into town. Not only is it easy to make, but it makes tons, so its perfect for large gatherings or times when you want leftovers.
Hash Brown Potato Bake
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- salt/pepper to taste
- 10 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 lbs frozen hashbrowns (shredded or diced work)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Mix together the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, salt, pepper, cheddar cheese, hash browns, and onion in a bowl.
- Put into baking pan.
- Mix together the melted butter and cornflakes.
- Sprinkle on top of potato mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for about 45 minutes.
- Remove and serve!