Meatloaf is a classic recipe that everyone should know how to make! Mom makes it best and this is just that….THE BEST! Good comfort food at its finest!
Believe it or not, one of my favorite recipes growing up was mom’s meatloaf. Perfectly moist, packed with flavor, and the one meal I requested for my birthday dinner! Each year, my mom would make my brother and I whichever meal we wanted for our birthdays, and this tasty dish was my go to. Served with mashed potatoes and a veggie, I would be one happy girl!
My dad and brother weren’t fans of meatloaf, so they didn’t particularly love my birthday choice each year, haha!
A few months back, my mom tweaked her go to meatloaf recipe and its even better (didn’t know that was even possible)! The ketchup sauce she covers it with is one of my favorite parts about this! Even my dad enjoys it nowadays!!
Now that I have a family of my own, its fun cooking dishes I loved as a kid. My three kids enjoy meatloaf and scrape their plates clean each time this is served!
This dish is classic comfort food at its finest! So many different varieties out there, but this one is a must try! If you’re looking for a hearty meal to serve your family, look no further!
Plus, isn’t mom’s cooking always a winner?!?!
*Be sure to sign up for my newsletter below by entering your email address. I will be having an exclusive giveaway for my subscribers coming soon (an Instant Pot)! You don’t want to miss it!
Are you on Instagram?? If so, be sure to use the hashtag #thecookinchicks in your recipes so I can see what you’re cooking!
Mom's Classic Meatloaf
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the beef, oats, milk, egg, onion, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to incorporate everything.
- Transfer meat mixture into a loaf pan and press down evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard.
- Pour mixture evenly on top of meatloaf.
- Place pan into preheated oven and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes (keep an eye on it as oven temps vary).
- Remove from oven and let stand for about 5 minutes before serving! Enjoy!
Here is the loaf pan I use: https://amzn.to/2Ejrs7t