This Ham, Cheese, and Broccoli Crustless Quiche is light and delicious, perfect for breakfast or brunch, and low carb. Flavorful and simple to make, you can even make it ahead of time!
Last week, I had some neighbor friends over for coffee. I decided to do some baking the day before, so we could all catch up and have a light breakfast. I made a batch of my banana bread, some lemon blueberry muffins (recipe coming soon), a fruit salad, and this tasty quiche.
Truth be told, I had never attempted a quiche before. I’m not a huge fan of eggs, so I never felt the need to try it. After talking to my mom and hearing about her go to quiche (I’ll need to blog that one soon too), I decided to whip one up and hope for the best. Could you imagine if it was a flop and I served it not knowing? Haha! Thankfully, that didn’t happen and this one was a huge hit! Phew!
Diced ham, cut up broccoli, tender onion, and shredded cheese went into this and it was packed with flavor! I prepped it the night before and simply tossed it into the oven the morning of. The ladies enjoyed it and that evening, we enjoyed the leftovers for dinner!
My three kiddos happily cleared their plates and even my youngest son, 9 years old, said it was one of his favorite egg dishes! Impressive compliment, right?!
If you’re looking for a low carb option, protein filled breakfast, brunch idea, or even dinner option….I definitely recommend trying this Ham, Cheese, and Broccoli Crustless Quiche.
Add a fruit salad to it and you have a full meal! Best part of all, it reheats perfectly!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think!
Ham, Cheese, and Broccoli Crustless Quiche
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz ham, diced/cooked
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the onion and ham and cook for about 5 minutes.
- While that is cooking, place the broccoli in a microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoon water and cook for about 2 minutes, so it can steam and become tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy cream.
- Place the cooked ham, onion, and broccoli into a 9 inch greased pie plate.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the veggies.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly on top of the veggies and place pan into preheated oven.
- Add desired amount and salt/pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until quiche no longer shakes in center.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving!