This Easy French Toast Recipe is a classic recipe that is just about fool proof! Using simple pantry ingredients and little to no time, this is a great breakfast (or dinner) treat!
Are you a breakfast fan? Believe it or not, I actually am not. I would much rather skip over breakfast and go right into lunch or dinner! Sure, I love bacon. I love biscuits and gravy, but I think its the timing. I’m not quite ready to dive into a plate of food in the morning. I’d much rather grab my favorite protein bars (Built Bars) and move on with my day.
My kids and hubby however, LOVE breakfast! On the weekends, my hubby is typically in charge of preparing something for all of them. Things like coffee cakes, baked donuts, egg scrambles, and more are whipped up. Yummy, right?
This week, we are all quarantined due to the coronavirus going around. The kids are home and working on homeschool lessons on the computer. My hubby is working from home as well, so we have a houseful!
As a treat last night, my hubby decided to make dinner last night and made French Toast. The kids were thrilled! I was hesitant but on board! We added a package of sausage links to the dinner and called it done.
Surprisingly, this Easy French Toast is the best I have ever had and I am NOT just saying that! The flavor was incredible and it was ready to enjoy within 10 minutes!
The kids enjoyed theirs with some syrup/powdered sugar and fruit on top. I stuck to just fresh fruit on top of mine due to this already being somewhat sweetened from the cinnamon.
Add some bacon to the side, or maybe even some scrambled eggs! Enjoy!
Easy French Toast
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf bread *Texas Toast is best, but any works
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Pour batter into a pie plate or shallow dish to make it easier to dip bread into.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Dip a slice of bread, coating both sides in the batter.
- Place the coated slice of bread on the griddle/frying pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Remove slice and continue until all bread has been cooked. Serve immediately with toppings desired.