I don’t know about you, but every time I open up Pinterest, I almost always see a recipe on my newsfeed for Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole. After scrolling past it for about the 500th time, I decided to check it out and see what it called for. Since my family loves spaghetti, I love a good casserole, and I had seen it several times, I decided it was time to try it out.
I changed it up a bit since I didn’t have a few ingredients on hand, and the end result was FABULOUS! My parents had come over for dinner, and 4 adults plus 3 children ate this up happily. The best part about it, all of us barely ate half this casserole. Meaning, LEFTOVERS and NO COOKING the next night! Double woo hoo!!!
The cottage cheese layer really took this dish to a new level and the casserole was packed with flavor. Simple to make, fed an army, and inexpensive….I definitely call this a winner.
Recipe adapted from: Joyful Momma’s Kitchen
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 32 oz spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Boil noodles according to directions. Drain water and toss with some olive oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Cook the turkey/beef over medium heat in a skillet until no longer pink.
- Drain fat and season with garlic powder.
- Add in the spaghetti sauce and stir to incorporate the meat evenly. Simmer on low.
- In a medium bowl, use a mixer to combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese.
- To assemble, add half the pasta to the bottom of the baking pan.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of pasta.
- Layer the cream cheese mixture next.
- Top with remaining pasta, and end with the meat sauce.
- Bake in oven for about 35 minutes.
- Remove pan and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Place pan back into over for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!!