This Strawberry Brownie Trifle includes layers of brownies, pudding, and fresh strawberries throughout! Perfect for parties, gatherings, or when that sweet tooth craving hits!
When I first made this trifle, it was as a Valentine’s Day treat for my family. Fast forward years later, I now make this when company comes over, going to friends houses, and more!
I tend to take the shortcut on this one and use a boxed brownie mix. You can’t go wrong, right?! If you have more time, go ahead and make the homemade brownies as those will be just as tasty! Either way, you’ll have a hit dessert!
I recommend making this Strawberry Brownie Trifle the night before as it allows time for everything to set up and the flavors to combine together a bit more. However, if you just discovered this recipe and want to make it for a sweet treat the same day, no worries, it will still be a hit! That’s the great thing about trifles, so many varieties and it is pretty tough to mess them up! After making about 15+ trifle varieties, I must admit, this one still goes down as my favorite!
Be sure to check out my other trifle recipes HERE! Which one is your favorite?? Also, come connect with me on Instagram! I post lots of step by step tutorials, humor, and of course….prize giveaways! Click HERE
If you’re looking for a homemade brownie recipe, go ahead and try this one out! https://thecookinchicks.com/homemade-chocolate-brownies/
Trifle Bowl: https://amzn.to/2D8YTeD
Strawberry Brownie Trifle
- 1 box brownie mix (and ingredients needed on box)
- 12 oz cool whip
- 5 oz vanilla pudding, instant
- 2 lb strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted *for drizzling on top
- Bake brownies according to directions and allow to cool completely. Once brownies are cooled, cut the brownies into small squares.
- Slice the strawberries and remove the stems/leaves.
- In a bowl, mix the pudding according to directions on package. Once pudding is set, fold in the cool whip to create a custard.
- To assemble, layer half the brownies on the bottom of trifle bowl. Pour half the custard on top of brownies. Layer half the strawberries on top of the custard. Repeat steps one more time ending with the strawberries on top.
- Melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and carefully drizzle melted chocolate on top of the finished trifle.
- Chill in refrigerator until eating, enjoy!