This Chocolate Mousse and Brownie Trifle is just what you need if you’re a chocolate lover! A show stopping dessert everyone will rave over!
I don’t know about you, but there is nothing better than a chocolate filled trifle. They are so fun and easy to put together, the varieties are endless, and they are always a hit at any party, gathering, or event!
Last weekend, I asked my hubby what sounded good for dessert. I was thinking he would say some type of cookie, brownie, cake, etc. However, he surprised me by asking if I could make a trifle! Heck yeah I can make a trifle, haha!!
Trifles are a gorgeous layered dessert that’s surprisingly easy to make. So many varieties to choose from!
My four year old son helped me put this together one afternoon while my hubby was at work and my other two kids were at school.
We both had so much fun and at the end of it he said “this reminds me of an ant farm”. Hmmmm……he is four, so I am going to go ahead and take that as a good thing, LOL!! Funny how little kids minds work, right?!
Ingredients Needed for this Chocolate Mousse and Brownie Trifle:
Brownie mix (or homemade version)
Instant chocolate pudding
Sweetened condensed milk
Frozen whipped topping, slightly thawed (divided)
Chocolate Bar shavings (for topping)
How to prepare:
Prepare brownies- bake boxed brownies as directed on box or bake homemade brownies and allow cool. Cut into small pieces.
Create mousse layer- combine the Instant Pudding with water and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until smooth. Fold 1/2 the whipped topping in.
Assemble trifle- layer half the brownies on bottom of trifle bowl. Add in half the pudding mixture followed by 1/2 remaining whipped topping. Repeat layers one more time ending with remaining whipped cream. Sprinkle chocolate shaving on top (if desired).
Chill- refrigerate trifle for a minimum of 4 hours before serving! Enjoy!
If you love trifles, check out these other great recipes:
So many fun varieties to choose from, which one is your favorite?!?!
Be sure to tell me what you think in the comment section below if you give this tasty dessert a try!
Chocolate Mousse and Brownie Trifle is super easy and you will look like a superstar serving this dessert for your family and friends. Print the recipe below and give it a try!
Chocolate Mousse and Brownie Trifle
- 1 box brownie mix + ingredients on box OR make homemade brownies
- 3.9 oz Instant Chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup water
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 24 oz whipped topping *divided
- chocolate bar shavings *optional
- Prepare the brownie mix or homemade brownies. Bake according to directions and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut into 2 inch squares and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the instant chocolate pudding with the water and sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir until no longer clumpy and mixed thoroughly.
- Fold 8 oz whipped topping into chocolate pudding mixture. Stir well.
- To assemble trifle, layer half the brownies on the bottom of the trifle bowl. Next, layer half the pudding mixture, followed by half the remaining whipped topping. Repeat layers one time. Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top of last layer (whipped cream).
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours. Serve!
Recipe updated 10/22/21