Summertime Angel Food Trifle is a refreshing, layered dessert that includes fruit, angel food cake, pudding, and more!
Do you love trifles or have you never made one? Truth be told, I had never even heard of a trifle, yet alone made one, until years ago when one of my blog followers (thanks Nancy), sent me this recipe!
Since making this recipe, I fell in love with bringing trifles to any and every party/gathering I could!
This Summertime Angel Food Trifle is my go to summer trifle due to how light and refreshing it is.
The fresh berries and kiwi add such a fresh taste! Add in layers of cool whip and Angel Food Cake, and you have a dessert everyone will enjoy!
The best part of trifles is how easily they can be changed up!!
If you love blueberries, add them into this. Perhaps raspberry? Banana? Mango? Papaya? So many options and all are just as good!
Now that summer is here, give this trifle a try and let me know what you think!
Summertime Angel Food Trifle
- 1 Angel Food Cake *store bought or homemade
- 2 cups milk
- 5.1 oz instant Vanilla Pudding
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 lb strawberries *sliced
- 4 kiwi *peeled/sliced
- Tear angel food cake into small pieces.
- Mix pudding with milk as directed on package.
- Mix in almond extract to pudding.
- Let set to pudding texture in refrigerator
- Fold pudding and cool whip together until combined.
- In a trifle bowl, or large clear bowl, layer half the strawberries and kiwi’s rows up against side of glass in a pretty pattern.
- In middle of dish, layer cake pieces, pudding mixture, and remaining fruit in 2 layers, ending with the fruit.
- Serve or keep chilled in refrigerator until ready to enjoy!