Forget the campfire and make this layered S’mores Chocolate Trifle indoors! Layers of rich pudding, crushed graham cracker, moist cake, and cool whip in one tasty dessert!
Over the weekend, my husband and I were going to have a neighborhood dessert party. It ended up getting cancelled last minute, but since I had planned on making this sweet treat, I whipped this up for the family. Up until a few months ago, I had never made a trifle before. I was introduced into the “trifle making” world because of a recipe submitted in our contest. Lets just say….I LOVE trifles!! Nothing is more fun then perfecting the “look” of them, eating them, and adding new variety to each one!! This one was a big hit and thoroughly satisfied my love of chocolate and s’mores!! It literally tastes like a s’mores, only in a bowl with spoon.
Long gone are the days of getting messy trying to eat your s’more. Or, needing to light a fire and roast marshmallows first. Simply prepare this any time the craving hits and you are good to go! Plus, this serves at least 12 people, so its plenty for everyone!
Trifle Bowl: https://amzn.to/2UVpKTt
Let me know what you think if you try it! Don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter below! All my latest recipes will be sent to your inbox, so you’ll never miss one!
S'mores Chocolate Trifle
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 box Chocolate pudding large box
- 1 Hershey Bar
- 2 cups Graham Crackers, crushed
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- Prepare Devils food cake mix and bake as directed on box. Allow cake to cool completely.
- Prepare chocolate pudding mix as directed on box.
- Crumble cake into small pieces.
- In a trifle bowl, place half of cake crumbles in bottom of dish. Next, layer half of the chocolate pudding on top of cake. Follow it up by topping with half the cool whip container and then 1 cup Graham crackers crumbs.
- Continue pattern one more time ending with last layer of Graham crackers crumbs.
- On the very top, crumble Hershey chocolate bar over cracker layer. *I used a food processor to break it into small chunks.
- Keep trifle chilled, serve in bowls!!