Nothing screams comfort food like a pile chips, meats, and toppings, right?!?!?! Well, last week, the kids were still off school and I was in the mood for a quick, kid friendly dinner. I rummaged through my pantry and found a bag of Fritos, went through my freezer and found ground turkey (beef works great as well), and some yummy toppings. I decided to throw this casserole together since it has been a family favorite for years, but I never got around to blogging it (sorry)!
This is very similar to “walking tacos” or “California taco” if you have ever heard of those two dishes before!
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 2 tbsp. dried onion flakes
- (2) 15 oz. cans ranch style beans
- 20 oz. enchilada sauce
- 1 bag Fritos (any style)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the turkey/beef until no longer pink.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in the onion flakes, beans, and enchilada sauce.
- Mix until all is combined.
- Pour half the bag of Fritos into prepared pan.
- Pour meat mixture on top and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of meat, followed by remaining Fritos.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately!!
*Top with sour cream, salsa, and green onions if desired!!
Recipe adapted from: Plain Chicken