This Mexican Chicken Bake comes together using less than 10 ingredients and is packed with flavor! Comfort food at its finest!
If you’ve browsed through my blog (or been following me for a while), you’ll notice I LOVE a good casserole! Seriously, one of my fav dinners to make because of how easy they typically are!
My hubby on the other hand, not a fan. I think it was most likely due to the fact I made a new casserole every few nights when our kids were little and it was casserole and casserole leftovers for days, haha!
With my kids a bit older now, my hubby and I have found a good compromise of one casserole here and there, with some grilling/smoker recipes in between!
Last week, we were both short on time due to having to go in separate directions for kids activities. I knew I needed something quick and easy, so of course….casserole it was!
Adding a bit of a twist to one of my go to casseroles, this Mexican Chicken Bake came about and was a huge hit with my family!
In fact, we had leftovers that my hubby and I each enjoyed the next day for lunch!
My kids enjoyed the crushed tortilla chips on top, whereas my favorite part was adding a dollop of sour cream on top!
I served a side salad with our dinner and had dinner on the table in no time! As an added bonus, I was able to prep this dish ahead of time and simply toss in the oven when needed!
If you’re looking for tasty comfort food, give this Mexican Chicken Bake a try and let me know what you think!
Mexican Chicken Bake
- 1 box stuffing mix, chicken flavored
- 2 cups chicken, cooked/shredded
- 14 oz corn, drained
- 15.25 oz black beans, drained/rinsed
- 10 oz Rotel
- 2 cups Mexican cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and chips on top of pan.
- Cover pan with foil and place into oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes covered, followed by 10 minutes without foil.
- Remove from oven and serve!