I don’t know about your family, but my family LOVES Mexican food. Okay, probably not my kids since they are still little, but my hubby and I are definite fanatics! Yum!! I made these last night and they were a huge hit. My kids ate them up too, so that is a winner in itself right?? These made enough for both of us to have them again for lunch the following day!!
Sour Cream Enchiladas
- 1 lb chicken, boneless/skinless, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 15 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz green chiles
- In a medium skillet, cook chicken and onion in the vegetable oil until chicken is cooked through and onion is tender. *I added 1 tbsp homemade taco seasoning for added flavor at this step! (see recipe below)
- Divide chicken evenly between tortillas.
- Place 1-2 tbsp cheese on top of chicken in tortilla. Roll tortilla closed and place seam side down in a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- In medium skillet, melt butter.
- Add in flour to create a roux. Allow to cook about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in chicken broth and heat until bubbly and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and chiles. Pour sauce evenly over tortillas.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of sauce.
- Bake in a preheated oven (400) for about 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
Homemade taco seasoning recipe: https://thecookinchicks.com/taco-seasoning/