Strawberry Brownie Trifle

With Valentine’s Day coming up, this trifle is just the thing to make!! Not only is it loaded with flavor, but it looks quite pretty and festive for the special day! Of course, this can be enjoyed any day of the year!! I made this last weekend for my family to enjoy and all of us loved it. The kids loved the strawberries in it, while I, being the chocolate fan I am, loved the brownies haha!!

Ingredients:

• 1 box brownie mix (enough to make a 9×13) *you can also use a homemade brownie recipe
  • 12 oz Cool Whip
  • 5 oz Vanilla Instant Pudding
  • 2 lbs Fresh Strawberries, sliced
  • Chocolate Chips, melted for drizzling on top

Directions:

1. Bake brownies according to directions and allow to cool completely. Once brownies are cooled, cut the brownies into small squares.
  2. Slice the strawberries and remove the stems/leaves.
  3. In a bowl, mix the pudding according to directions on package. Once pudding is set, fold in the cool whip to create a custard.
  4. To assemble, layer half the brownies on the bottom of trifle bowl. Pour half the custard on top of brownies. Layer half the strawberries on top of the custard. Repeat steps one more time ending with the strawberries on top.
  5. Melt about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and carefully drizzle melted chocolate on top of the finished trifle.
  6. Chill in refrigerator until eating, enjoy!

[AdSense-A]

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

22 comments

1. Nancy says:

Thank you so much for sharing this receipe. I am going to make the brownie gluten free and using your receipe make it for my husband for valentine day. he will love it.

2. Anonymous says:

It sounds great, but I’m tired of strawberries, it’s always strawberries, but I think I’d try this with raspberries and be delighted!

3. Denise Johnson says:

I’m adding cream cheese to the pudding/cool whip mix and possibly using blood orange extra virgin olive oil instead of vegetable oil just to add another dimension of flavor.

4. John Ward says:

A variation would be a Peche Melba Trifle. Rather than regular Brownies, use Fairytale Bars’ Raspberry White Chocolate Blondies; substitute sliced peaches and raspberry jam for strawberries; and white chocolate chips for drizzling on top. Yum!

5. Anonymous says:

Made this today to share with my supper club…tonight’s my turn for dessert!! I made a low fat version, using low cal homemade brownies, sugar free/fat free pudding for the custard and lite cool whip. It looks amazing, even though I have it in an amber bowl because I don’t have a clear one. Hope they like it!!

6. Anonymous says:

I made this last night for dinner with another couple. It was a huge hit! It turned out wonderfully, and the fruit and light whipped custard paired beautifully with the brownies. My husband was concerned it would be a heavy dessert, but it definitely wasn’t. I look forward to making this again sometime.

7. Lucille Villegas says:

I was searching for a trifle that used pudding with chocolate cake and berries, this came as close to what I was looking for after searching for hours on pinterest and internet!!! Thank you.

Comments are closed.