I am a huge casserole fan. Just scroll through the recipes on this blog and you will probably notice that. I love the fact that they are mostly kid friendly, inexpensive, and of course…..quick to prep. We almost always have leftovers too, so it is great for lunch the next day or even dinner.
One casserole I have always seen but never tried, was the infamous chicken, bacon, and ranch casserole. I had come across different versions several times through friends, family, and of course, Pinterest. This past weekend, after finding a packet of ranch dressing mix in my pantry, I decided to finally give it a try for our dinner. Since it was the weekend, I knew I needed a quick and easy meal, since we weren’t going to be home most of the day. I ended up adding some biscuit pieces to it and had it ready for the oven in about 5 minutes! Impressive, right?
When this casserole came out of the oven, I knew it was going to be a hit! The house smelled amazing! We all love bacon, biscuits, Ranch, and chicken…..so it was the ultimate dish! My kids ate this right up and gave me the thumbs up to make it again. Since we had half the pan left after dinner, we ate it again on Sunday evening….and no complaints were made about leftovers! Woo hoo!!
This would be a great dish to bring to a family member or friend, make ahead for a busy weeknight, or enjoy on a cool Fall evening!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked/shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup bacon, cooked/crumbled
- 1 package (12 oz) refrigerated biscuits
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, cheese, ranch mix, and bacon.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and add biscuit pieces to chicken mixture.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray and pour mixture evenly onto bottom of pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350, for about 30-35 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.