My family loves to enjoy banana bread in the morning with their breakfast. Yesterday, I looked through my freezer thinking I had a few frozen bananas, but realized I used them up already. I had told my son that he could help me make some bread, but once I realized I had no bananas, I decided to look around for what I did have. I ended up coming across our bag of frozen blueberries. So, our plan to make banana bread got changed to blueberry bread. My son was in charge of adding the ingredients as I handed them to him and let me tell you, what a great helper he was! For four years old, he is definitely a cook/baker in the making. Once this was baked and cooled, we cut ourselves each a piece and decided that it was a new favorite! We ended up having this after dinner for our “dessert” and everyone loved it. My oldest son had two slices and asked for more the next morning with breakfast. Not only is this incredibly simple to make, but there are not very many ingredients, so it is something you may even be able to whip up with what you have at home already!! Enjoy!
3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (I used frozen, fresh work too)
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar and butter. Beat until creamy.
- Add in the eggs and milk. Mix well.
- Add in the flour and baking powder, making sure all is combined thoroughly.
- Gently add in the blueberries being sure not to break them. *You’ll get purple batter otherwise.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 inch loaf pan (or mini loaf pan, muffin pan, etc)
- Bake in preheated oven, 350, for about 70 minutes (if making large loaf, less time depending on pans used).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing.
Recipe adapted from: Frugal Mom Eh