Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal Bread is a quick bread packed with flavor! Perfect for breakfasts, snacks, and on the go! Enjoy now or freeze for later!
If you have been following the blog for a while, you know I love a good bread. Perfect for quick breakfasts, snacks, and even yummy evening treats! Plus, there are so many different varieties, I absolutely LOVE trying new ones!!
Check these other quick bread recipes out:
Last week, I was going through my fridge and found one lemon (yes, just one…..random, right?).
I decided to use it up since it was still fresh and I had no recollection of why I had bought it (haha)! Since I had some blueberries in my freezer, I opted to use those as well!!
After browsing through Pinterest to see what options I had, I decided to take a muffin recipe I found and tweak it into this bread!
Moist, flavorful lemon bread with juicy blueberries and oats throughout!
As this bread baked, my house smelled incredible and my kids even migrated downstairs to the kitchen to see what was smelling so delicious!
My kids plowed through it and I had made 4 mini loaves, so I brought one over to my parents house and my mom LOVED it!!
Not too sweet, full of juicy blueberries, oats, and a light lemon flavor….this bread was and is a definite winner!!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think if you try it!
Ingredients Needed for this Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal Bread:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Zest from 1 lemon
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 1/2 cups blueberries
Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal Bread can be made into mini loaves, large loaves, and/or muffins! Be sure to print the recipe below and give it a try!
Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal Bread
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil *or coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups flour *all purpose
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup walnuts *chopped
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Grease a large loaf pan, or 4 mini loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, eggs, sour cream, milk, vanilla, and coconut oil.
- Add in the flour, oats, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and lemon zest.
- Once combined, fold in the nuts and blueberries carefully.
- Pour batter into greased pan, or divide evenly into greased mini loaf pans.
- Sprinkle a few extra oats on top of bread (to make it pretty of course, hehe).
- Place pans in oven and allow to bake 45 minutes if using large pan, about 35 minutes if using mini loaf pans.
- Remove from oven once toothpick comes out clean once inserted in center of bread.
- Allow to cool a minimum of 5-10 minutes before removing from pan and enjoying!!
Recipe updated 10/11/21