If you have been following the blog for a while, you know I love a good bread. It makes quick breakfasts, snacks, and even yummy evening treats! There are so many different varieties and I absolutely LOVE trying new ones!!
Last week, I was going through my fridge and found a lemon (yes, just one…..random, right?). I decided to use it up since it was still fresh and I had no recollection of why I had bought it (haha)! Since I had some blueberries in my freezer, I opted to use those as well!! After finding a recipe for Lemon Blueberry Bread and changing it slightly to fit what I had on hand, this bread came out of the oven and was mouth watering tasty!
My kids plowed through it and I had made 4 mini loaves, so I brought one over to my parents house and my mom LOVED it!!
Not too sweet, full of juicy blueberries, oats, and a light lemon flavor….this bread was and is a definite winner!!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Grease a large loaf pan, or 4 mini loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, eggs, sour cream, milk, vanilla, and coconut oil.
- Add in the flour, oats, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and lemon zest.
- Once combined, fold in the nuts and blueberries carefully.
- Pour batter into greased pan, or divide evenly into greased mini loaf pans.
- Sprinkle a few extra oats on top of bread (to make it pretty of course, hehe).
- Place pans in oven and allow to bake 45 minutes if using large pan, about 35 minutes if using mini loaf pans.
- Remove from oven once toothpick comes out clean once inserted in center of bread.
- Allow to cool a minimum of 5-10 minutes before removing from pan and enjoying!!