A moist, flavorful bread that is bursting with juicy blueberries! Enjoy it straight out of the oven with some butter, or as an on the go snack/breakfast/sweet treat!
Last week, my mom called me in the afternoon and told me she was making a new sweet treat for my dad and her. When she told me what it is, I immediately asked her to take pics if it was yummy and send the pics my way! A few hours later, my phone pinged and the pictures that came through made me want to crawl through my phone and take a bite, haha!
She served their slices warmed up with some butter, however, you can easily freeze this for later, serve when company comes over, serve as a sweet treat, snack, or breakfast!
However you choose to enjoy it, I highly recommend it! Not only is the recipe simple, but nothing screams comfort more than a slice of homemade bread, right?!
Thanks mom for a great recipe!!
Blueberry Muffin Bread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen work)
- 1 tbsp coarse sugar (for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, and milk.
- Add in the flour and baking powder and mix until all is combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan (or mini loaf pans) and sprinkle sugar evenly on top of batter.
- Place pans into preheated oven and bake for about 65-75 minutes if using large loaf pan, 30-40 minutes if making mini loaves.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before removing from pans and serving!
Here are the mini loaf pans I use and love! https://amzn.to/2uUlCqi
Here is the large loaf pan I use and love! https://amzn.to/2H5t1Ip
*Be sure to sign up for my free newsletter to be emailed each time I post a new recipe! Its simple, go to my blog www.thecookinchicks.com. On the right side, you will see a place to enter your email address. Once you enter it, be sure to check your email for a confirmation email. Once confirmed, you are all set and will receive my new recipes, tips, as well as fun giveaways!!