If your family enjoys Taco Night, then this bake is definitely a must try. It is quite similar to “Walking Tacos”, however, this is an all in one casserole dish, so a bit easier. My kids LOVED the cheesy layer on this and we all loved adding our favorite taco toppings. You can add salsa, sour cream, tomatoes, onions, avocado, jalapeno, etc.
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 1 package taco seasoning OR 3 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- Chili Cheese Fritos
- 1/2 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Toppings desired (salsa, sour cream, onion, tomato, avocado, etc)
- Brown beef or turkey over medium high heat until no longer pink.
- Drain fat and add in taco seasoning and water.
- Simmer on low for about 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and meat is coated in seasoning.
- Layer Chili cheese Fritos on the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish.
- Place seasoned meat on top of Fritos.
- In a saucepan, heat cheddar cheese soup and milk over low heat. Once warm and combined, pour cheese over meat.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over cheese mixture.
- Place baking dish in preheated oven, 350, and bake for about 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scoop desired amount onto plate.
- Serve with desired toppings!!