Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew is a flavorful stew made with shredded chicken, vegetables, and potatoes in a scrumptious broth!
With winter here, there is nothing better than a bowl of stew, right?!?! Well, I live in Houston, so my winter is about 70 degrees and sunny, but I still love a good bowl of soup/stew, haha!!
In fact, by about August, I am already entering casserole, chili, and soup mode because I am over the hot and humid weather, ready for all things Fall!
Since Mondays are my “slow cooker” days due to cleaning my house and not wanting to dirty up the kitchen, I decided to throw this together for dinner last week and it was a huge hit with the family.
My kiddos happily at it all up, including the veggies in it, and my hubby even took leftovers the next day for work.
Shredded chicken, tender vegetables and potatoes, all combined into a savory stew!
It was quick to throw together, quite hearty, and made plenty for everyone to enjoy!
If you are in a state that is currently cold, unlike Texas, I highly recommend trying this stew. If you are in Texas, turn the A/C down and pretend its cold outside, then make this, haha!!
Enjoy and let me know what you think in the comment section below if you give this a try!!
Ingredients Needed for this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew:
Red potatoes, cut into quarters
Baby carrots, diced
Cream of chicken soup
Dry ranch mix
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Do you love convenient slow cooker meals? If so, check out these other family favorites:
A one pot, crockpot meal that the entire family will enjoy! Serve with some crusty bread or a side salad and you have a complete meal! Print the recipe below and be sure to give this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew a try!
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew
- 1 lb chicken *boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion *diced
- 4 red potatoes *quartered
- 1 cup baby carrots *diced
- 1/2 cup string beans
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 packet dry Ranch mix
- 6 slices bacon *cooked/crumbled
- Place slow cooker on low and add butter to bottom.
- Allow butter to melt, then add in the onion, potatoes, carrots, and string beans.
- Stir around to coat all with butter.
- Add chicken on top of coated vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, milk, sour cream, and ranch.
- Pour mixture evenly over chicken.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and allow to cook on low for about 6-7 hours, high for about 4 hours.
- Once cooked, shred chicken with two forks and stir to combine.
- Serve in bowls with crumbled bacon.
Recipe updated 10/20/21