This Hearty Chicken Stew is flavorful, comes together in no time, and includes tender chicken, potatoes, and veggies in an incredible cream sauce!
With colder weather here, nothing tastes better than a bowl of warm soup, right?! Well, this Hearty Chicken Stew is a bit thicker than soup, but warms you up and has incredible flavor!
A few nights ago, I was looking for a dinner that I could prep ahead of time. With after school activities, I knew I needed something that could be enjoyed quickly, but stick with us.
After browsing through my refrigerator and pantry, I found lots of fresh veggies, some extra potatoes, and a loaf of French Bread on hand.
Since I LOVE my Dutch Oven, I decided to go the soup/stew route!
After dicing the veggies, sauteing the chicken, and adding all the seasonings to the pot, this stew came together in no time and was PACKED with flavor!
I was able to make this ahead of time and simply warm back up come dinnertime! We even had enough leftover to enjoy for lunch the next day!
Whether you choose to enjoy this with some warm crusty bread, a side salad, or on its own…this will be one meal that the entire family will enjoy!
Be sure to check out my other soup recipes HERE and let me know which ones you try!
If you’re on Instagram, let’s connect! I post lots of recipes, tips, humor, giveaways, and more! I’d love to hear from you!
Dutch Oven (I use mine frequently and LOVE it): https://amzn.to/2Xkx4Xy
Soup Bowls: https://amzn.to/3opk7HR
Hearty Chicken Stew
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb chicken, boneless/skinless, diced
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 red potatoes, diced
- 1 cup baby carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 can cream of chicken soup 10.5 oz can
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 oz dry Ranch mix
- Add the butter to your Dutch Oven (or soup pot) and melt over medium heat.
- Add diced chicken and season with the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Allow to cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the pot and heat over medium.
- Add in the garlic, onion, potatoes, carrots, celery, and green beans.
- Saute for about 5 minutes, or until veggies soften a bit.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, milk, sour cream, and Ranch mix.
- Pour mixture into soup pot and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and allow mixture to simmer for about 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve in bowls as is, or with bread/salad! Enjoy!