Simple, tasty, and packed with flavor, this Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken is great on sandwich rolls, in wraps, over salads, or on its own!
Surprisingly, my three kids enjoy Buffalo chicken. They aren’t ones for enjoying spicy foods, but I guess Buffalo doesn’t come across “spicy” to them!
A few weeks back, I was in a hurry due to a busy day. I wanted to whip up a dinner the kids would eat easily with no complaints. I tossed some ingredients into my Instant Pot, set the timer, and moved on. When the timer went off, I removed the lid, shredded the chicken and all was just about ready.
We decided to serve the chicken on hamburger buns to create a sandwich, however, the next day leftovers, I put into my tortilla wrap to change things up. You can add a slaw to it to give it a nice crunch too!
I have heard of people even adding this chicken on top of their salads. Add some greens, blue cheese, and this chicken for a low carb option!
I use Frank’s Buffalo sauce typically in this because its not too spicy and has great flavor. You can also use a creamy Buffalo sauce, Buffalo Wild Wings sauce, etc.
If you’re looking for a quick dinner (or even lunch) option, I highly recommend giving this a try. Budget friendly, flavorful, and perfect for those busy days! Enjoy now or even freeze the leftovers!
Be sure to let me know what you think of my Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken if you give this recipe a try! While you’re here, scroll below and sign up for my newsletter! You’ll receive my latest (and greatest) recipes sent directly to your inbox, so you never miss any!
Instant Pot: (this is the one I have and love): https://amzn.to/2KlyjjO
Franks Buffalo Sauce: https://amzn.to/2KyvPx3
Check out my other Instant Pot recipes here: https://thecookinchicks.com/tag/instant-pot/
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless/skinless
- 3 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1/2 bottle Buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Place the chicken, butter, Buffalo sauce, honey, and vinegar into your Instant Pot.
- Place lid securely on top and ensure valve is in sealing position.
- Cook on high, manual pressure for 10 minutes, followed by a quick release.
- Once pin has dropped, remove lid and shred chicken.
- Place Instant Pot on sauté function until most of the liquid is absorbed into chicken.
- Serve chicken as is, on sandwich buns, in a wrap, etc.