This Shortcut Crescent Taco Pie has it all….quick, tasty, and family friendly! A favorite with my family for sure!
I really think Taco Tuesday should be recognized on a weekly basis. Who doesn’t like a taco? This dish starts with freshly prepared beef or chicken (or brisket or fish or….you get the point!), warm tortillas, crisp lettuce. Top with my personal favorites – sour cream, cheddar cheese and jalapenos! Taco are always a hit in my house, so you can imagine how excited I was to introduce this fun little dish to my family. Shortcut Crescent Taco Pie is exactly as it sounds. Just smoosh out a can of crescents into a pie plate or cast iron skillet, top with beef, throw it in the oven for a few minutes. You’ll end up with a beautiful foundation for a fun twist on the classic taco.
First, crescents make a great base to this meal. Light and fluffy, but just the right amount of buttery goodness to complement the ground beef I used here. Second, there’s no worrying about spilling your tortilla on your shirt…this is a fork and knife kind of meal! Adding on some fun toppings like avocado, tomato, salsa, etc. just ups the game with this take on a classic taco.
Tacos have always been a challenge for my kids! Not anymore with this Shortcut Crescent Taco Pie!
A side benefit to creating this dish was how easily my kids would take to eating tacos. With my younger children, trying to teach them how to hold a taco shell or tortilla together and not dump the innards all over the floor was such a frustrating process. I didn’t even think how much easier it would be for my kiddos to just use their fork to cut off a piece of this pie. This was way less hassle for me, way less mess for them! Win win as far as I’m concerned.
If you think this may be a hit, be sure to check out some of my other favorite Mexican themed dishes below!
Don’t forget to check out my recipe card below, featuring a convenient print option as well!
Crescent Taco Pie
- 1 lb Ground Turkey or Beef
- 1 can Pilsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- Shredded Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, Sour Cream
- Ground meat until no longer pink.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in the salsa and taco seasoning, allowing to simmer for 5 minutes.
- While meat is simmering, align crescent rolls along the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate or cast iron skillet to form a crust.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly into crust and sprinkle cheese on top of meat.
- Place pie in a preheated oven, 375, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with desired toppings.