This Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice is simple to make, full of flavor, and about as close to Chipotle’s Cilantro Lime Rice as you can get!
A little back story before diving right into the recipe. This past summer, my hubby and I began growing a lime tree. Honestly, we both are terrible at keeping plants alive, especially fruit/citrus/vegetable plants. We go in with high hopes, lots of optimism, but once the Houston heat strikes….we tend to have things not go to plan.
Well, our lime tree is thriving. Surprising, right? Or maybe lime trees are extremely easy to grow, I don’t know, but let me hold on to my accomplishment, haha!
Last weekend, we were weeding the backyard when I noticed 7 limes ready for the picking. Yes, 7! Cool, right?! Well, we picked them off, put them in a bowl on our counter, and of course, used one to make margaritas to celebrate!
That evening, my hubby grilled our Cilantro Lime Chicken and used some homegrown limes. I couldn’t let him have all the fun with the limes, so I decided to make this Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice to accompany dinner. I zested one lime, juiced it, and it was the perfect addition to the rice.
This side dish is incredibly quick to prepare, light and refreshing, and compliments any dish! The leftovers were just as good!
The rice went perfectly with our chicken, but would also be great in burrito bowls, served with fish, tacos, and more! All you need is some rice, cilantro, and lime juice to make this come to life!
Hope you enjoy and be sure to keep me posted how it turns out! If you have a lime tree like we do, here is a great recipe to try!
*To make on stovetop, simply make rice as you would normally and stir in the zest, lime juice, cilantro, and salt at the end!
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- zest from 1 lime
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Add the rice and water to your Instant Pot. *Make sure rice is fully submerged in water to prevent burn notice
- Place lid on Instant Pot and ensure valve is in sealing position.
- Cook on manual, high pressure for 3 minutes followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- Once 10 minutes has passed, move valve to release any additional pressure and wait for pin to drop.
- Remove lid and fluff rice with spoon.
- Stir in the lime zest, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
- Serve and enjoy!