This Sizzling Steak Burrito Bowl comes together in no time and is packed with flavor! Add your favorite toppings and have fun with it! Perfect for summer grilling!
Now that school is out and summer is here, my family has been spending our evenings in the pool and making dinner on the grill!
We are big fans of quick and easy dinner ideas, that can be prepped, eaten, and cleaned up quickly…so we can get back to swimming and relaxing!
A few days ago, we marinated a skirt steak to use in fajitas. As dinner approached, I realized I didn’t have tortillas, which my kids LOVE!
I chose to quickly improvise and turn fajitas into bowls, simply by making some Cilantro Lime Rice! Good save, right?!
We all loaded our bowls up with our favorite toppings and enjoyed dinner!
I served some fresh cut watermelon with ours and it was a complete meal that we all thoroughly enjoyed! Nothing screams summer more than grilling….enjoying watermelon…and swimming, right?!
If you prefer chicken, in lieu of steak, feel free to change it up! Want to use regular rice instead of Cilantro Lime? That works as well!
So many options to truly make this your own! You can even use Quinoa in place of rice, cauliflower rice, or omit altogether and pile toppings on the cooked meat!
Add on toppings: Black beans, corn, Pico de Gallo, salsa, sour cream, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, lime, cheese, olives, onion, jalapenos
Sizzling Steak Burrito Bowl
- 2 limes *juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic *minced
- 1 tbsp cilantro
Steak and Toppings
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 3 cups Cilantro Lime Rice *cooked
- 2 cups corn
- 2 cups black beans *rinsed/drained
- 2 avocados *peeled/chopped
- 2 tomatoes *chopped
- shredded cheese
- salsa/sour cream
- Combine marinade ingredients into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- In a large Ziploc bag, add the steak and marinade.
- Seal bag and allow to marinade at least 30 minutes.
- Remove steak from marinade and place on grill to cook until desired temperature has been reached, about 25 minutes or so.
- Slice steak into small pieces and set aside.
- Place cooked rice in bowls, top with steak, followed by corn, beans, and any toppings desired.
- Serve and enjoy!