I am sure I have mentioned it at least 100,000 times, but I am in LOVE with my cast iron skillet. Seriously, where has it been all my life? The more I use it, the better it gets!!
Anyhow, last week, I was in the mood for a quick and simple dinner idea since it was already 4pm and I had not even given dinner one thought. I decided on a pizza night, but quickly realized I had no pizza dough! Since I did have biscuit dough in my fridge, I decided to throw this bubble up pizza together in no time and the end result was a HUGE hit. My kids were begging for seconds, and my husband was quite excited when he realized there were leftovers for his lunch the next day!
Not only was this ready to enjoy in only a short amount of time, but it was also inexpensive to make!! For those nights where time is limited, throw this together and dinner is done. You can customize it any way desired based on preferred toppings!!
*This can also be made in a 9 x 13 baking pan if you don’t have a cast iron skillet
- 2 packages refrigerated biscuit dough (6 count)
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Favorite toppings (sausage, pepperoni, onion, jalapeno, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters.
- In a bowl, combine the cut biscuit pieces, pizza sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and toppings desired.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 OR oven safe skillet.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Place pan/skillet into oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.