Last weekend, my hubby whipped these up for our Saturday morning breakfast and these were the best muffins ever! Yes….EVER!!! My new favorite!! The cinnamon, crunchy topping was the perfect compliment to the moist banana muffin!!
If you search this blog, you will find tons of muffin recipes. All of them have been tried and are family approved, but these…..are AMAZING!
I had had tons of extra bananas to use up, so we wanted something to include banana in them. Since muffins are my kids favorite, we went that route, and from there, the recipe evolved into perfection!
Whether making for breakfast, a snack, or if having company over…..these will be the perfect treat to whip up!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. cold butter
- 2 tbsp. old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Line a muffin tray with liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Add in dry mixture to wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin cups. *Makes about 12 muffins
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, butter, oats, and pecans.
- Sprinkle topping evenly on top of each muffin.
- Place muffin tray in preheated oven, 375, and bake for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Remove tray from oven and allow to cool 3-5 minutes before removing from tray and enjoying!!
Recipe adapted from: Spend With Pennies