Crack Chicken

Let me start out by answering the question going through your mind right now. Why is it called crack chicken?? Well, because this chicken is addicting! Seriously! My kids were licking their plates clean afterwards (well, trying to at least before I stopped them…..that’s just weird, right?!).

A few weeks ago, I was having one of those crazy busy summer days and knew that if I didn’t something in my slow cooker that morning, dinner would be “take out” that night. Luckily, I had all the ingredients on hand for this chicken and it took less than 5 minutes to put together!

After being out all day and coming home, not only did our house smell amazing, but dinner was ready!! I served ours as sandwiches, but this chicken would also be great over pasta, rice, or by itself!!

However you choose to serve this, you’ll love it!!

Enjoy!

Crack Chicken

Crack Chicken

Ingredients:

• 1 lb chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
  • 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled

Directions:

1. In a slow cooker, place the chicken, cream cheese, and ranch dressing mix.
  2. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for about 4 hours.
  3. Once cooked, shred using two forks and fold in the bacon.
  4. Serve on buns, over pasta, rice, or by itself!

Recipe adapted from: Cookies and Cups

Crack Chicken

Crack ChickenCrack Chicken

Print Friendly

42 comments

1. Midge8 says:

Sorry, this just didn’t get it. Made it tonight and I won’t make it again. No flavor, none what so ever.

2. Karen says:

This is delicious! I used chicken thighs because it’s what I had. Very rich and flavorful. So simple too. I can’t imagine why the one reviewer said it had no flavor, it sure does! I topped mine with a little smoked paprika and tossed in a finely chopped jalapeño. This is a keeper!

3. MLL says:

This was not good at all and everyone I know that made it didn’t like it either. Looks good and easy to make but it doesn’t taste good

4. Kristin says:

Either works great, just changes the cooking time a bit. I almost always use frozen since I tend to forget to thaw it, but no biggie either way!

5. Deb says:

I left in on high for fours hours and it burnt the ranch dressing. I had no liquid from the chicken breasts. Didn’t turn out so well.

6. Annette Johnson says:

This looks really good, but I need to cut out as much fat as possible for my family. Has anyone tried non fat or reduced fat cream cheese?

7. Samantha says:

I made this with 2 lbs of chicken, 1 1/2 blocks of cream cheese, 2 packets of ranch and some smoked paprika and of course bacon! It was delicious! Thank you for this recipe! When served I added some cheddar jack cheese and hot sauce and it made it out of this world.

8. Frank says:

Couple notes….I did 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs so I doubled the recipe and did one pack of green onion and one pack of ranch instead of 2 raches. Added a container of chopped onion and a container of chopped diced peppers along with 3 tablespoons of jalapeno and some garlic powder. This is FRIGGIN MONEY. For those who said their’s was dry…not sure how (I know the veggies added some moisture but I ended up having to do a corn starch slurrie to tighten it up. That being said, this is a GREAT recope. My wife and her neighborhood friends were in the pool today and they kept sliding by the slow cooker and trying spoonfuls. Had to give them all the receipe. Can see this being great on fettucine as well.

9. Anonymous says:

Although the flavor was good, it was VERY salty. I’ll probably make this again but with 1/2 the ranch or another 1/2 bar of cream cheese.

10. Kristin says:

Yea!! I am so glad to hear it is a hit with the neighborhood and your family! I love the variety you added to this, I will have to keep that in mind for next time!! Have a great day!!

11. Kristin says:

Hmmm, I have never tried it before, however, the oven would work I believe. I would guess at 350 until chicken is cooked, shred and add ingredients, and put back in oven for an additional 15-20 minutes. Hope that helps!!

12. Christina Criswell says:

Deliciousness!! I made this for a work potluck and it was a huge hit. I use a block of cream cheese for every 2 chicken breasts and we added rotel. First time we bought different breads and had it as a sandwich the next time we cooked rotini pasta and ate it with that. Yum yum yum.

13. Donna says:

Very good….will use again…..I added a little water and put it over black beans and rice….topped with salsa, sour cream, and shredded cheese. I didn’t have bacon but will be sure to have it next time and try as a sandwich….thanks for this easy, versatile recipe.

14. Kristin says:

The time in the recipe is perfect for frozen chicken! I almost never thaw my chicken first as I typically don’t know what I am cooking until I am needing to make something, haha!! Hope you enjoy this!!

15. Paul brush says:

Could you use all the chicken pieces and demon when done.just wondering if the dark meat will shread.