Indulge in the perfect combination of flavors with these scrumptious Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. These thick, soft, and chewy treats offer a delightful combination of rich peanut butter, wholesome oats, and mouthwatering chocolate chips, making them an irresistible choice for all cookie lovers.
Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
I recently shared a sneak peek picture of these cookies on my social media channels and the messages and recipe requests came flying in! Well, the wait for the recipe is over! After you see just how easy it is to make these, I fully anticipate a few of you heading straight to the kitchen to make a quick batch!
Over the years, I have had my share of cookies and let me tell you, these may just go down as my most FAVORITE cookie of all time! Pretty strong statement, right? Well, I love a good cookie for starters! From classic Peanut Butter Blossoms, to my Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies, I love them all! Then, when you add in that incredible peanut butter chocolate combo, I am in Heaven!
This specific recipe results in a cookie that is perfectly thick, chewy, rich, and satisfying. With just the right amount of peanut butter flavor throughout, combined with textured oat, and ooey gooey chocolate chips, it’ll be hard to stop at just one cookie!
Why you’ll love these homemade peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies:
- Perfectly Soft and Chewy- these cookies are the best texture. Not cakey and literally melt in your mouth with each bite.
- Combines that delicious Chocolate and Peanut Butter flavor- the two best flavors combined into one mouthwatering treat.
- No Chilling Required- when I want cookies, I don’t want to wait hours for the dough to chill. These cookies are thick, puffy, and can be ready for the oven in under 10 minutes!
- Loaded with goodness in every bite- they are packed full of chocolate chips which means each and every bite is pure bliss.
- Quick, Easy, One Bowl recipe- no need to use several bowls and spend time cleaning up a messy kitchen. Simple ingredients, one bowl, and clean kitchen.
Ingredients needed for this cookie recipe
See printable recipe card below for exact ingredient amounts and step by step directions.
- Butter– use unsalted because you’ll be adding salt to this recipe, softened
- Peanut Butter– creamy peanut butter such as Jif or Skippy
- Sugars– you’ll use both brown sugar and white sugar in this recipe
- Egg– one large egg at room temperature is all you need
- Vanilla Extract– pure is best versus imitation
- Flour- all-purpose flour is what I used, I have heard others used gluten free flour at a 1:1 ratio and it works great too
- Old-Fashioned Oats– try to not use quick oats, old-fashioned is best
- Baking Soda/Salt– this helps the rise of these cookies
- Chocolate Chips– I use milk chocolate, but any type desired works
- Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts to the cookie dough
- A dash of cinnamon is a great addition to these cookies. About 1 tsp.
- Coconut Flakes for the coconut lover! Just 1/2 cup will do!
- Add 1/4-1/2 cup dried fruit such as raisins or cranberries to the cookie dough.
- Swap creamy peanut butter for almond butter.
- Use two types of chocolate chips such as one cup chocolate chips and one cup peanut butter chips.
How to make Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- These cookies are SO easy and require no chilling! Simply combine ingredients into a bowl, bake, and devour!
- Preheat oven and gather needed ingredients.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars.
- Add in the egg and vanilla stirring until just combined.
- Add in the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and stir until just combined. Don’t over-mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough onto a cookie sheet using a medium cookie dough scoop. Place cookie dough about 2 inches apart to avoid cookies spreading into each other.
- Place into oven and bake 9 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly before enjoying!
Tips for the Best Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Do NOT use natural peanut butter! Natural has too much oil and doesn’t work good in this recipe.
- Allow the cookies to cool for at least 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack or enjoying.
- Feel free to use different chocolate chip flavors in this recipe. Even peanut butter chips work great.
- Use crunchy peanut butter for an added texture boost to these cookies. They won’t be as moist, however, it is a yummy change.
- Use a cookie scoop to keep all the cookies the same size.
How to store these peanut butter oatmeal cookies
Allow the cookies to fully cool before placing in an airtight container or bag. If desired, you can make the cookie dough up to 72 hours in advance and store in the refrigerator to bake when needed.
Room Temperature– up to 5 days
Freezer– up to 3 months
How to freeze the cookies
As written above, you can freeze these in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. If you want to freeze unbaked cookies, it is a great way to pull out what you need when the craving hits. Simply scoop the cookie dough and place on cookie sheet. Place in freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour. Once frozen, you can place all the frozen cookie dough balls into a bag/ container. These will last up to 3 months. When ready to bake, remove from the freezer and place on a cookie sheet. Bake as directed, but add a few minutes to time due to them being cold.
More Cookie Recipes to try
Peanut Butter Blossoms– Made with creamy peanut butter, the dough is rolled in sugar and pressed with a chocolate Hershey kiss. These easy to make peanut butter cookies turn out perfectly soft and chewy every time!
Chocolate Brownie Cookies– chocolate filled, chewy, rich, fudgy, and super easy to make! With no chill time required, these cookies can be ready to devour in under 20 minutes!
Joanna Gaines’ Chocolate Chip Cookies– chewy, delicious, and simply amazing! These cookies are thick, packed with the perfect amount of chocolate chips, and a new go-to!
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies– soft, chewy, and bursting with the delicious flavors of raspberry and chocolate, these Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies are a must try!
Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies– soft, perfectly sweet, and simple to make….these Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies are a favorite with all!
Banana Breakfast Cookies- incredibly tasty, chewy, and healthy…..these Banana Breakfast Cookies are a great way to start your day! Yes, cookies for breakfast!
BEST EVER Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter *softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter *creamy
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour *all-purpose
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie dough scoop, drop dough on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Place cookie sheet into preheated oven and bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to sit 5-10 minutes before removing from cookie sheet and placing on cooling rack/eating!