Instant Pot Cajun Sausage Pasta is an Instant Pot one-pot meal packed with flavor! Ready in less than 20 minutes, this meal is easy and delicious!
I bought my first Instant Pot about one year ago. Since then, I have made everything from pasta, soup, chili, hard boiled eggs, and even cheesecake. This Instant Pot Cajun Sausage Pasta however, is my hubby’s all time fav!
A few nights ago, I decided to play around with a few different recipes and basically combine them into one. I didn’t have super high hopes because my three kids are semi picky, plus they dislike anything spicy. Quite hard to avoid when making Cajun, right?!
I decided to use Chupacabra Cajun blend instead of Slap ya Mama. A little less heat, so I figured my kids would appreciate that. If you’re good with heat, choose whichever Cajun blend desired! After browsing through my produce bin, I found an extra onion and green pepper, so tossed those in too!
Not only was this dish simple to prepare, but it was a one pot meal, making clean up a breeze! You can add in shrimp or chicken, in addition to the sausage, if desired! I used Penne pasta, but if you prefer rotini or something else, feel free to substitute. Although the recipe as written is fabulous, feel free to add some variety to it with different produce, meats, heat levels, etc.
Not only did I have this on the table in under 20 minutes, but it made enough to have leftovers the next night! Score!
If you’ve jumped on the Instant Pot train, I highly recommend trying this! Who wouldn’t like a family friendly, budget friendly, one pot dinner, right?!
While you’re here, don’t forget to scroll below and sign up for my newsletter! You’ll receive my latest recipes sent directly to your inbox! Plus, I offer monthly prize giveaways for my subscribers only! Win win, right?!
Non Stick Instant Pot Liner: https://amzn.to/31vbySn
Instant Pot Cajun Sausage Pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 14 oz smoked andouille sausage, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 14 oz diced tomatoes *don't drain
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning *Chupacabra or Slap Ya Mama
- 1 dash Cayenne pepper
- 12 oz Penne pasta, uncooked
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Turn sauté mode on Instant Pot and add in the oil and butter.
- Add in the green pepper and onion, allowing to sauté about 3 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and sausage, sautéing an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the paprika, Italian seasoning, broth, tomatoes, Cajun seasoning, Cayenne pepper, and uncooked pasta.
- Stir a bit to push down the pasta into the liquid.
- Turn off saute mode and place lid securely on top. Ensure valve is in sealing position.
- Cook manual, high pressure, for 5 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Once pin drops, open lid and stir in the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and heavy cream.
- Once cheeses have melted and all has been incorporated, serve!