If you love tacos, you’ll LOVE these Cilantro Lime Pork Tacos! Simple to prepare using the slow cooker and packed with flavor!!
A few days ago, I decided to cook a pork loin in the slow cooker to enjoy for dinner. My original plan was to use the pork for sliders, but througout the day, I developed a craving for tacos and decided to go that route!
Once the pork was cooked and shredded, the sauce came together in no time using my food processor!
I had some fresh cilantro on hand thanks to our Aero Garden, so I decided to enhance these by making a Cilantro Lime Ranch sauce to drizzle on top.
Typically, I love loaded tacos with lots of toppings. However, since I made the sauce to go over these, we decided to keep it simple and use shredded cheese only.
If you want to load them up with avocado, tomatoes, sour cream, and more….feel free!
This recipe uses a pork loin, minimum two pounds, so you will definitely have leftover meat to use up. We chose to make nachos the next night, which were incredible, so be sure to check that recipe out HERE!
Since tacos tend to use chicken or beef most of the time, this is a great way to change it up!
Skip going out for tacos and make these delicious Cilantro Lime Pork Tacos in the comfort of your own home! These may just surprise you and taste better than restaurant quality!
Cilantro Lime Pork Tacos
- 3 lb pork loin
- 2 cups coke
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 oz green chiles
- 12 oz taco sauce
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning *one packet or see homemade recipe link above
CILANTRO LIME SAUCE
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- tortillas *corn or flour
- Mexican cheese, shredded
- Place pork in slow cooker.
- In small mixing bowl, combine the coke, brown sugar, green chiles, taco sauce, and taco seasoning.
- Pour mixture evenly over the pork loin and cook on low for about 7-8 hours, or until pork easily shreds.
- Once cooked, shred pork and remove any fat.
- In a food processor, add the salsa verde, ranch mix, cilantro, mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, lime juice, and cumin.
- Pulse until combined.
- To serve, add desired amount of pork to a tortilla and drizzle sauce on top, followed by shredded cheese and any other toppings desired.