So simple and delicious, these Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins are a family favorite! Ready to devour in no time, they’ll quickly become a favorite of yours too!
One of my most favorite combinations is chocolate peanut butter. Put those two together and you can do no wrong in my book. From cakes, puddings, ice-cream, and now muffins….my favorite!
Have you ever had a dessert craving in the morning? Those are the worst! Every now and then, my sweet tooth flares up first thing in the morning and I know I am doomed for the day. Its a craving I try to fight off for most of the day, so I can enjoy a dessert that evening!
Well, last week, my kids were home from school due to Easter break and my daughter wanted to bake. I was craving a few chocolate chips (although a few turns into way too many most times, lol) so we chose to make chocolate chip muffins. We gathered the ingredients and just as we began, I noticed the peanut butter on the counter. Since I love new recipes, my daughter and I decided to incorporate chocolate and peanut butter into a new muffin recipe.
We were hopeful it would be a great combo, but weren’t sure how it would turn out! Preparing these took only about 5 minutes and as they were baking, the house smelled amazing! Even my boys came down to ask what smelled so good!
I had my three taste testers, aka kiddos, and all three gave these two thumbs up. The muffin itself was fluffy and moist, just the right amount of peanut butter, and chocolate. Everyone in my family preferred theirs warm, but I really enjoyed mine at room temp when the chocolate chips hardened back up.
These make a great breakfast, snack, or even sweet treat! Since its a muffin, you can get away with eating these for breakfast, right?!
Eat fresh or freeze for later! Either way, you’ll love them! Be sure to let me know what you think of my Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins as I love hearing from you all!
Muffin Tray: https://amzn.to/2GQQk7M
Silicone Muffin Liners (my fav): https://amzn.to/2GQ4FkG
Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter, salted, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips *semi sweet or milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with liners or baking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Beat together until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the eggs and sour cream. Stir to combine.
- Add in the cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Once combined, add in the flour and milk mixing until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in middle.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack for a few minutes prior to enjoying!