Chicken and Biscuits is a classic comfort food dinner! The creamy chicken and vegetables are topped with fluffy biscuits for a hearty and delicious family-friendly meal.
Last week while my mom was in town, I decided to make this dish for dinner.
The kids were at school all day, and my mom and I had been out running errands. By the time we got home, and got the kids from the bus stop, dinner was quickly approaching, and we needed something that was quick and easy.
Not only was this packed with flavor, but everyone loved it and it went together in a matter of minutes.
This is the perfect dish for the cold weather ahead, busy evenings, or even to bring to a friend/family member!!
Chicken and Biscuits combines all the flavors of chicken pot pie and chicken and dumplings into one mouthwatering meal!
If you do not have pre-packaged biscuits, you can make your own by following THIS recipe!!
Ingredients Needed for Chicken and Biscuits:
Broccoli Cheese soup (Campbell’s)
Cream of potato soup (Campbell’s)
Ground black pepper
Frozen mixed vegetables (any mix desired)
Chicken or turkey, cooked and diced
Biscuits (I used Pilsbury grands, 8 count)
In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli cheese soup, potato soup, milk, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, mixed vegetables, and chicken.
Pour mixture into a 11 x 7 baking dish.
Bake in a preheated oven, 400, for about 20 minutes, or until bubbling.
Place biscuits on top of chicken mixture and place dish back into oven for an additional 15 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
Remove from oven and serve!!
Check out these other family friendly recipes:
Comfort food at its finest, this Chicken and Biscuits dish is easy to prepare, uses simple ingredients, and is a family favorite! Print the recipe below and be sure to give it a try!
Chicken and Biscuits
- 1 can broccoli cheese soup *Campbells
- 1 can cream of potato soup *Campbells
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- 2 cups chicken *cooked/shredded
- 1 package Pillsbury biscuits *8 count
- In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli cheese soup, potato soup, milk, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, mixed vegetables, and chicken.
- Pour mixture into a 11 x 7 baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 400, for about 20 minutes, or until bubbling.
- Place biscuits on top of chicken mixture and place dish back into oven for an additional 15 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve!!
Recipe updated 2/22/22