One of my hubby’s favorite breakfasts (or meals in general for that matter) is biscuits and gravy. Nothing screams comfort food more than flavorful sausage gravy and warm, fluffy biscuits.
Last weekend, I whipped this up for breakfast on Saturday morning and there was enough leftover for us to enjoy again on Sunday. It is a “stick to your ribs” kind of dish, so no need to rush into lunch prep! Even my kiddos enjoyed this, and that’s impressive since they are typically picky eaters!!
As long as you have sausage and biscuits on hand, you most likely already have the few other ingredients in your pantry and can whip this up!!
Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- In a medium skillet, heat the sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Add in butter and allow to melt completely.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and sprinkle flour on top of cooked sausage.
- Stir mixture around until sausage absorbs flour completely.
- Add in the milk and allow to simmer on low until it thickens (about 10-12 minutes).
- Sprinkle seasoned salt and pepper and mix well.
- Remove from heat and serve over warm biscuits!