With zucchini season coming up, and my kids being obsessed with the yummy vegetable, I decided to throw this together with a pasta dish I made last week. The kids loved it, and my hubby and I even went back for seconds.
The Basil really enhanced the flavor and the garlic/cheese made this a new favorite in my book. Whether you serve this at a cookout, bring to a picnic, etc….this is one dish that everyone will love.
Fairly healthy, minus the cheese, you won’t have to feel guilty about going back for seconds, or even thirds!!
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into half moon slices
- 2 yellow squash, cut into half moon slices
- 4 tbsp. fresh chopped Basil (I use THESE scissors for cutting my Basil. They are amazing)!!
- 2 tbsp. chopped green onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, squash, Basil, green onion, garlic powder, 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Place mixture into a greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven, 350.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Return pan to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve!!
Recipe adapted from: Kalyn’s Kitchen