This bread is a treat for anyone! Full of tasty lemon flavor, moist, and quick to prepare….this is a favorite with everyone!
Have you tried the Lemon Bread from Starbucks?? Oh boy! It is soooooo yummy! I could eat a slice for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, or even dessert. That’s just how yummy it is!!
Recently, I went to Starbucks to grab a coffee. I hadn’t had breakfast yet, so I decided to splurge and get a slice of their lemon bread. Unfortunately, they were completely sold out the morning I went and I didn’t get my sweet treat. Since I was still in the mood and heading to the grocery store anyways, I decided to buy some lemons and try an at home version.
Well, I went home, whipped a batch up and it was nasty. It was way too sour, not sweet at all, and not even moist. Epic fail! But, I was determined to try again, and since I had bought a big bag of lemons, I whipped up attempt number two. The end result was MUCH better! Just the right amount of lemon, quite moist, very quick to prepare, and my hubby/kids all loved it as well!!
Next time you are in the mood for lemon bread, skip Starbucks and make this recipe! It makes a lot more than the one slice you’d buy and is much more affordable!!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon peel, grated
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the butter mixture.
- Pour in the milk and stir until just combined.
- Grease an 8x4 in. loaf pan, or 4 mini loaf pans.
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared pan(s), filling about 1/2 way.
- Place pans into preheated oven, 350, and bake for 45 minutes if using a large pan, or 35 minutes if using mini pans.
- While bread is baking, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Once bread is finished, remove from oven and drizzle glaze evenly on top.
- Allow bread to cool slightly on cooling racks before serving!
Do you follow me on Pinterest?!? If not, click here!!