This 5 Ingredient Lemon Cake comes together in no time and is a family favorite! Moist, flavorful, and simple to make, the perfect cake for any occasion!
I don’t know about you all, but I have had a crazy sweet tooth during this quarantine. Maybe its because the pace of life is slower than normal, giving me more time to think about sweets, haha!
My kids are pretty much the same way because they must be consuming 100 snacks a day! I’ll make us breakfast and before I know it, they are back in the kitchen asking for a snack!
A few days ago, I was in the mood to do some baking! My daughter asked to help, so I wanted to keep the recipe fairly simple! We found a box of lemon cake, as well as a few other ingredients in the pantry! Originally, I had planned on making the boxed cake and moving on. However, I decided to use an idea I had found on Pinterest, only using all the ingredients I had on hand.
By changing up the recipe I had found, I was able to make this cake using only 5 ingredients. 1 of which was the canned frosting, optional of course! If you opted not to use the frosting, it would only be 4 ingredients! Crazy, right?!
With us all being home right now, this is the perfect cake recipe to prepare because of how simple it is! The lemon cake is moist and practically melts in your mouth! Plus, with Easter coming up, this is a great sweet treat option to prepare!
I chose to use a cream cheese frosting on top, but you can use a vanilla, buttercream, or even just sprinkled powdered sugar on top!
Hope you enjoy this 5 ingredient lemon cake! Be sure to let me know how it turns out and check out my other cake recipes HERE!
Stay healthy and make memories in the kitchen!
Bundt Pan: https://amzn.to/2xWoiFD
Cake Stand w/ Dome: https://amzn.to/3dVK8K6
5 Ingredient Lemon Cake
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 pkg lemon cake mix
- 1 box instant lemon pudding mix *3.4 oz box
- 1 can frosting (if desired)
- Grease a bundt pan and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream and egg using a hand mixer.
- Add in the cake mix and pudding mix, mixing until combined. *batter will be very thick
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and place in oven.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Remove cake pan from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before turning over onto a serving tray.
- Once cake has cooled completely, frost it or sprinkle powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!