Small in size, huge in chocolate peanut butter flavor. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are simple to make and great anytime of the year! Make sure you make a lot, they go fast!
My most favorite treat of the season are definitely these chocolate peanut butter balls.
I typically make them last on my list of goodies as they are the one thing I have NO self-control over, so they don’t last long in the house, ha-ha. I highly recommend trying these tasty treats if you haven’t before.
They have a slight crunch to them, and taste very similar to a Reese’s, which is one of my most favorite treats!!!
Every year, when assembling my goodie tins for friends/neighbors, these chocolate treats are one of the most requested desserts to include!
A crispy, flavor packed peanut butter mixture coated in rich, decadent chocolate makes for a tasty treat to enjoy at the Holidays or any occasion!
Do you do a lot of Holiday baking?
When I was a kid, I watched my mom bake lots of Christmas treats, assemble them into decorative tins, and pass them out to all the neighbors!
Now that I am a mom, I love continuing the tradition and baking with my kids. Together, we assemble several tins and they have so much fun delivering them to neighbors in the area. It is a fun way to connect, give back, and put a smile on someone’s face.
Check out these other great Holiday treats for more ideas:
Do you have a favorite Holiday cookie or treat? I’d love to hear which ones! Comment below and let me know!
Ingredients needed for these Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls:
Chunky Peanut Butter (I use more due to consistency, about 3 cups)
Rice Krispies cereal
Butter or margarine
Milk chocolate Melting Chocolate (or almond bark) *I use two packages almond bark
How to prepare:
Mix- all ingredients except chocolate in a large bowl. *Add in more peanut butter if mixture isn’t sticking together.
Place wax paper- on a cookie sheet and roll dough into one-inch balls. Place on cookie sheet and place in fridge for about two hours to firm.
Once balls are set- melt a few squares of chocolate in microwave at a time and roll peanut butter ball through chocolate two times.
Set back onto wax paper- and refrigerate.
Once chilled- store in a tin or container. *Can be frozen as well (although mine don’t last long enough to make it to the freezer before I eat them)
Rich, flavor packed Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are a favorite on any Holiday tray! Print the recipe below and be sure to try them soon!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- 3 cups Peanut butter *chunky
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 2 cups Rice Krispy cereal
- 4 tablespoon butter *or margarine
- 2 lbs chocolate *I use Moulding chocolate or almond bark
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate in a large bowl. Add in more peanut butter if mixture isn't sticking together.
- Place wax paper on a cookie sheet and roll dough into one-inch balls. Place on cookie sheet and place in fridge for about two hours to firm.
- Once balls are set, melt a few squares of chocolate in microwave at a time and roll peanut butter ball through chocolate two times.
- Set back onto wax paper and refrigerate.
- Once chilled, you can store in a tin or container. Can be frozen as well (although mine don't last long enough to make it to the freezer before I eat them)
Recipe updated 12/8/21