One of my most favorite quick desserts is a milkshake. There are SO many varieties and it is quite hard to mess up. The kids love to help me make these, so it is one of those things that gets us all in the kitchen, which is fun!! A few nights ago, we pulled out some vanilla ice-cream and decided to make these milkshakes. Since I am not a huge fan of vanilla, most of my vanilla ice-cream gets drenched with chocolate syrup, so it tastes chocolate haha! We added in fresh raspberries since the kids were adamant that it was “needed” in the drink. Let me tell ya, they most definitely were right. The added flavor was amazing! This definitely goes down as my favorite milkshake. The flavor was perfect!! Chocolate, raspberry, just the right amount of sweetness, and more!
We used a Vitamix to blend these together. If you are in the market for one, use the code below to receive free shipping on your purchase. A $25 value!!
GET FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ($25US/$35CN)
USE ABOVE CODE
1-800-848-2649 or Vitamix website
- 1 quart vanilla ice-cream
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup milk (you may need more depending on desired consistency)
- Whipped Topping (optional)
- Add the ice cream to the blender container.
- Pour in the chocolate syrup, raspberries, and milk.
- Place lid on blender and blend on high for about 30-45 seconds, or until smooth. If using a blender other than the Vitamix, you may just need to adjust blending time.
- Pour milkshake into cups and put a scoop of whipped topping on top.
**This will make about 6 servings, if you don’t need that much, cut the recipe in half, 🙂