A few months back, I decided to start using my bread machine more. Since then, I have made everything from rolls, to bread, to cinnamon rolls, and more! Recently, I decided to attempt making pizza dough. I have tried my hand at making several types in the past, and all have turned out mediocre. They haven’t been “bad”, but they certainly weren’t a favorite. I was reading a magazine a few weeks back and it talked about using beer in pizza to add an extra boost of flavor. I was quite curious as to how it would taste and let me tell ya, it’s amazing!! My hubby and I both went crazy over it and his exact words were “you could make this every week and I wouldn’t get tired of it”, hehe! Not only did it take me no time to put it together, but my bread machine did most of the work! The beer added a boost of flavor, yet it wasn’t too strong. Even my kiddos loved it!! Whether you do “Pizza Friday” or are just in the mood to make a yummy pizza dough, this recipe is a must try! This will make one large pizza, or two personal sized pizzas!!
- 1 cup flat beer (I used a dark ale)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- Olive oil
- Pizza Sauce, Cheese, Toppings of choice
- In a bread machine pan, pour the flat beer in first.
- Add in the butter, sugar, salt, and flour.
- Create a small hole in the top of the flour and pour the yeast inside.
- Lock bread machine pan into machine and press dough cycle.
- Once cycle is completed, remove dough and place into a greased bowl.
- Cover and allow to rise until doubled in bulk (about an hour or so).
- Roll dough out onto a pizza stone or pan.
- Brush lightly with olive oil.
- Cover pizza pan and allow to sit for about 15 minutes.
- Add sauce and toppings of choice and bake in a preheated oven, 400, for about 25 minutes.
- Slice into pieces and serve!!