Last week, my youngest son came down the stairs from playing and asked for a snack. When I asked him what he was in the mood for, his whole face lit up and he said “banana muffins”. I was hoping he would have said goldfish, crackers, or something I could easily put into a bowl, but I decided to take the opportunity to use up some frozen bananas and bake!
With him as my helper, we whipped these mini muffins up in no time! The entire house smelled great as these were baking and once ready, all three kids loved them! My youngest kiddo said these were his new favorite muffins!
Being mini, they made the perfect snack, and would be great for on the go eating! You can omit the chocolate chips if desired, but I promise you, they are a great addition!
Whether you freeze these or eat them within a few days, you’ll love them!!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (mini or regular sized, any type of chocolate desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a mini muffin tray. *You can make regular size muffins if desired, just adjust baking time.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the eggs and beat together until combined.
- Add the bananas, milk, and lemon juice. Stir.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin tin with batter (about 1 tbsp.) and place muffin tray in oven for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 3-4 minutes before removing from tray and enjoying!