This Bourbon Banana Bread is an easy, classic recipe kicked up a few notches to include a boozy twist! Full flavored, moist, sweet, and quick to prepare!
Do your kids go through phases where they LOVE bananas and then can’t stand them? Please don’t tell me that is just my kids!
A few weeks ago, I couldn’t keep bananas in the house. I bought two packs, about 15 total, and they were gone in just a few days. Last week, I bought another two packs (or bunches) and they just sat. Literally going from green to brown in no time.
I asked my kids if they wanted one each and every day, but they chose other fruits. Nonetheless, the brown bananas were headed to the freezer when I decided to make a batch of banana bread at my kids request. Yes, they didn’t want to eat bananas, but wanted banana bread. Lots of back and forth with them, lol!
I had planned on making my go to banana bread recipe, but realized I was out of sour cream. After searching through family cook books, looking for new variations to try, and contemplating skipping the bread altogether, I decided to make this Bourbon version.
Now, before you think this is full of alcohol, I promise its not. It only uses 1 tablespoon, which cooks off in the oven. Just the flavoring is left behind, and even that is quite subtle.
This bread is incredibly moist and flavorful, using up some of my overly ripe bananas, and was gone in no time!
Each batch makes about 3 mini loaves, but you can also choose to make one large loaf or make muffins! The choice is yours!
My youngest son doesn’t like nuts, so I had to omit, but I suggest adding in chopped walnuts for an added crunch/flavor! You can also add in raisins, chocolate chips, or cinnamon chips. Whatever you are in the mood for, works!
Next time you have some bananas to use up, or are in the mood for banana bread, give this Bourbon Banana Bread a try! It may just become your go to recipe!
Mini Loaf Pans: https://amzn.to/34M7oGt
Large Loaf Pan: https://amzn.to/2VbGHaZ
Muffin Trays: https://amzn.to/34CRBJR
Bourbon Banana Bread
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 1/3 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Add in the eggs, bananas, and bourbon.
- Pour batter into greased/prepared loaf pan (or 3 mini loaf pans).
- Place in preheated oven (350 degrees) and bake for about 35 minutes if mini loaves, 55-60 minutes if a large loaf pan, 25 minutes if making muffins.
- Once baked, remove and allow to cool slightly before removing from pan and serving! Enjoy!