About a year ago, as my hubby and I walked through Target, we came across a donut pan. Both of us were intrigued with it and decided to buy it. Fast forward one year and that pan is constantly used. Since my hubby loves to make breakfasts on the weekend, he makes us baked donuts a few times each month. Last weekend, he whipped these chocolate donuts up and they were amazing. They were moist, full of chocolate, and I was in Heaven. I think both the kids and I fought over who got the last one, hehe! Whether making these for a breakfast, snack, or even dessert, these are a must try. You can find donut pans anywhere, Walmart, grocery stores, Target, and even Amazon. They are about $6-7 and definitely worth it. We now have two pans, since each make 6 donuts per tray!! Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp milk (depending on desired consistency)
- Mix together buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and brown sugar.
- Mix dry mixture into wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased donut pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 325, for about 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for at least 5 minutes before removing.
- In a small bowl, combine the powder sugar, cocoa powder, and milk.
- Drizzle glaze over donuts, or you can dunk the tops of donuts if you prefer.