These Copycat Starbucks Devil’s Food Donuts are an at home, easy version of the coffee shop favorite! Tasting even better than the original, why go out when you can make these for a fraction of the cost at home?!?!
A few days ago, both my hubby and I were drinking our morning coffee and reading our devotionals. My hubby, being the breakfast fanatic he is, asked what I wanted to have for breakfast. Me, being the non breakfast fan I am, suggested a Built Bar (my morning obsession).
Since we have a Built Bar just about every morning, he said he wasn’t in the mood and wanted to make something new and fun to surprise the kids with. He went into the kitchen and I kid you not, less than 10 minutes later came out saying his “surprise” was in the oven.
I was shocked at how quickly he set to work, and within minutes, the house smelled incredible. One by one, the kids woke up and on their way down asked what was baking.
My hubby surprised everyone with these homemade donuts! Since both my daughter and I are huge chocolate fans, he even opted for Devil’s food!
These are incredibly moist, flavorful, and taste even better than the original Starbucks version!
Being baked, they were a much healthier choice than the fried version! The icing was the perfect way to finish these off and was just the right amount!
All in all, it was a fun, tasty surprise we all thoroughly enjoyed!
I doubt we’ll be ordering donuts from the drive through line anymore as these were just as good, if not better! We were able to make 12 donuts, for the price of ordering 1! Crazy, right?!?
If you love Starbucks, I highly recommend trying these Copycat Starbucks Devil’s Food Donuts!
Be sure to check out my other baked donut recipes HERE!
Donut Tray (this is what I have and use ALL THE TIME): https://amzn.to/2yGyh2x
Do you follow me on Instagram or subscribe to my newsletter?? If not, you should! Why?? I am giving away 2 KITCHEN AID MIXERS on 5/1.
Copycat Starbucks Devil's Food Chocolate Donuts
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Spray a donut tray with cooking spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared donut tray by piping it into each donut slot. *You can use a Ziploc bag for this, or spoon it in carefully.
- Place donut tray in preheated oven and bake for 9-10 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, prepare glaze.
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl.
- Once the donuts are done and cooled slightly on rack, dip each donut into the glaze, coating the top entirely.
- Repeat with all donuts and serve/enjoy!!
Recipe adapted from: Dash of Sanity