This Lemon Basil Chicken comes together in no time and is made using only ONE pan! Healthy, flavorful, and budget friendly…perfect for mealtime!
Don’t you just love one pan meals? Clean up is a breeze and the dinner itself comes together in no time! This Lemon Basil Chicken is just that and a new family favorite!
Last week, I was trying to come up with something for dinner. I had taken some chicken out of the freezer, so at least I was headed in the right direction.
After going through my refrigerator and pantry, I realized I had some Basil to use up from when I had made my Tomato Basil Chicken earlier in the week.
Since I also wanted to add a veggie in, I chose to go the spinach route and this dish was created in no time!
I served this with my Garlic Parmesan Crescent Rolls and some fresh pineapple I had on hand. You can choose which sides you prefer to serve with this though! Perhaps some pasta or rice on the side? Fruit, salad, or even serve it on its own for a light, healthy meal choice!
If you want to add in some more veggies, feel free to make this your own!
The best part about this dish was I was able to use some fresh lemons from my backyard. My hubby and I purchased a Lemon patio tree this past summer and although small, it produced enough lemons for me to use in this! Quite exciting as I have terrible experience typically keeping plants alive, haha!
Be sure to keep me posted if you try this and come connect with me on Instagram! I’d love to see what you’re cooking too!
Recipe adapted from: Well Plated
Lemon Basil Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs chicken breast *boneless/skinless, diced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach *fresh is best
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups Basil leaves *fresh, not dried
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and allow to saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add in the chicken and cook about 5 minutes, until slightly browned on all sides.
- Pour in the soy sauce, lemon juice, zest, salt, and pepper and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach in slowly and allow to cook down, about 3 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the Basil and stir until slightly wilted.
- Season dish with additional salt and pepper if desired.