If you love Chicken Pot Pie, you’ll love these convenient Chicken Pot Pie Muffins! Kid friendly, flavorful, and quick to prepare!
A few weeks ago, my family headed over to Grammy and Pop Pop’s house. My mom, aka Grammy, made these for the kids.
Not only were they super easy to make, but they were a huge hit. There ended up being tons leftover, and I took them home to freeze for another dinner.
My hubby went on a business trip a few days later, I pulled these out of the freezer and dinner was served!!
I definitely recommend these for those busy nights!! Especially because they come together in no time and are quite budget friendly!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Muffins are the best, tasty, individual, mini chicken pot pies with biscuits recipe using chopped chicken or any cooked or leftover meat.
I love to keep some cooked, shredded chicken on hand in the freezer, so I can almost always whip these Chicken Pot Pie Muffins up on nights where dinner is an afterthought!
Who knew that the classic flavor can be used in several different variations!
Ingredients needed for these Chicken Pot Pie Muffins:
- Chicken- cooked and shredded *you can also use leftover turkey or pot roast in these
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Mixed Veggies- feel free to use whichever veggies you prefer
- Cheddar Cheese- you can also change it up and use Mozzarella, Colby Jack, etc.
- Thyme/Basil/Onion Powder/Garlic Salt
- Pillsbury Biscuits- I use the Pillsbury grands biscuits, flaky or any type works great
How to prepare:
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, cream of chicken soup, veggies, cheese, and spices.
- Grease a muffin tin and push one biscuit on the bottom of each cup to create a crust.
- Scoop chicken mixture evenly into each biscuit cup.
- Place pan into oven, 400 degrees, and bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve!
Check out these other great chicken recipes:
Tips for the perfect Chicken Pot Pie Muffins:
*Feel free to use any leftover meat you have! Chicken, turkey, pot roast, ham, and more work great in these!
*If you don’t have access to Pillsbury biscuits, HERE is a great homemade biscuit recipe to try!
*Change up the veggie to fit your desired taste. My daughter doesn’t like peas, so recently, I have been using corn. Green Beans, carrots, etc. all work great too!
*To freeze, allow to cool completely. Place in a Ziploc or airtight container and freeze up to 3 months.
*To thaw, simply allow to return to room temperature and place in microwave for about 45 seconds.
Tender chicken, vegetables, cheese, and a creamy mixture combined into biscuit cups for the ultimate chicken pot pie muffin! Print or save the recipe below and be sure to add to your next meal plan!
Chicken Pot Pie Muffins
- 2 cups chicken *cooked/shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mixed veggies *frozen is what I use
- 1 cup cheddar cheese *shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon Basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cans Pilsbury biscuits *10 oz packages
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken (or turkey), cream of chicken soup, frozen veggies, cheese, herbs, and spices.
- Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Place one Pillsbury biscuit in each cup, pressing into the bottom so it covers up the sides as well.
- Evenly spoon the pot pie mixture into each cup.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!!
Recipe updated 3/15/22