Layers of vibrant colors and flavors make this this Layered Jello recipe a total crowd pleaser! Such a fun, unique, and festive dish!
Easy Layered Jello
Growing up, my mom made this every Christmas. We always called it our “Christmas Jello”. We only had it one time a year, at Christmas, and it was definitely one of my favorite things at the dinner table.
Not only is it festive, but it can be changed up for any Holiday or any color/flavor of your choice. I have brought it to dinner parties, and it was a favorite!! Whichever colors you choose to use, I am sure it will be a hit!!
Ingredients Needed for this Layered Jello recipe
Jello- any flavor/color desired
How to prepare
Frequently asked questions
Can I use different flavors of Jello? Absolutely! Feel free to use any combination you want! Perhaps red, white, and blue for Fourth of July? Red, pink, and white for Valentine’s Day, etc.
How do I store this? After the dish is done, you’ll want to cover it. Use foil not plastic wrap. Plastic wrap will droop and stick to the top layer. Foil is sturdier and isn’t as likely to stick. Keep refrigerated until you’re ready to serve. This Jello dessert should last about 3-5 days in the fridge.
Is there a way to speed this layered process up to save on time? Unfortunately, you can’t hurry this recipe. Give each layer at least 30 minutes to set up. Rushing it will result in the layers mixing and won’t be as pretty.
Other Jello recipes to try
Layered Christmas Jello
- 4 boxes Jello (3 oz size boxes) *any flavor desired
- 1 cup hot water(per box)
- 1/2 cup cold water (per box)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter or oil a 9 x 13 pan lightly.
- To make filling, bring the two cups of milk to a boil. Dissolve the 1 cup sugar into the milk.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup cold water with 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin.
- Add gelatin mixture to the milk while still warm. Pour sour cream into a bowl and add in the gelatin/milk mixture.
- Add in 2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Keep mixture covered on the counter.
- Make first package of jello. Pour into the cake pan. Place pan into the fridge.
- Allow to set up, but make sure it is still a bit tacky to touch as this helps the next layer stick to it.
- Add 1 1/2 cups filling for the next layer. Put back into fridge until set.
- Repeat by making next package of jello, then 1 1/2 cups filling, and so on.
- Keep in fridge until ready to eat! Enjoy!!