A flavorful, festive Jello dish that perfectly compliments any Holiday meal!
Growing up, my mom made this every Christmas. We always called it our “Christmas Jello”. We only had it one time a year, at Christmas, and it was definitely one of my favorite things at the dinner table. Not only is it festive, but it can be changed up for any Holiday or any color/flavor of your choice. I have brought it to dinner parties and it was a hit!! Whichever colors you choose to use, I am sure it will be a hit!!
Layered Christmas Jello
- 4 boxes Jello (3 oz size boxes) *any flavor desired
- 1 cup hot water(per box)
- 1/2 cup cold water (per box)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Butter or oil a 9 x 13 pan lightly.
- To make filling, bring the two cups of milk to a boil. Dissolve the 1 cup sugar into the milk.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup cold water with 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin.
- Add gelatin mixture to the milk while still warm. Pour sour cream into a bowl and add in the gelatin/milk mixture.
- Add in 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- Keep mixture covered on the counter.
- Make first package of jello. Pour into the cake pan. Place pan into the fridge.
- Allow to set up, but make sure it is still a bit tacky to touch as this helps the next layer stick to it.
- Add 1 1/2 cups filling for the next layer. Put back into fridge until set.
- Repeat by making next package of jello, then 1 1/2 cups filling, and so on.
- Keep in fridge until ready to eat! Enjoy!!