The most flavorful, simple Instant Pot Mexican Rice side dish made in under 15 minutes! So simple, you’ll never want to make it any other way!
Just taking one scroll through my blog, you’ll quickly realize I LOVE my Instant Pot! Yes, I know, not everyone has one, but for those of you who do…..you’ll definitely want to try this recipe!
For those of you who don’t, no worries, here is a great recipe that is just as easy without needing an Instant Pot, https://thecookinchicks.com/easy-mexican-rice/
Last week, I was rushed to put dinner on the table due to my kids having lots of homework. I had taken some ground beef out earlier in the day and made tacos. I will admit, I even served canned black beans with it as well (don’t judge, lol). Since you can’t have tacos without rice and beans (who’s with me??), I needed a quick and easy rice recipe.
Enter my Instant Pot. My handy kitchen side kick! I tossed a few on hand ingredients into the pot, placed the lid on, and a few minutes later the rice was done!
The flavor was incredible and I swear, that appliance cooks the best rice, every time! It tasted just like restaurant quality, but was just as simple to make as a boxed kit would be!
If you’re an avid Instant Potter like myself, try this and let me know what you think! If you haven’t jumped onto the Instant Pot train yet, I promise you, it’ll be life changing once you do! Great food made in a fraction of the time!!
*Be sure to sign up for my newsletter below to receive my newest recipes emailed directly to you! Plus, follow me on Instagram, https://www.instagram.com/thecookinchicks/ and use the hashtag #thecookinchicks so I can see your creations!
Instant Pot Mexican Rice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups long grain rice (or jasmine works)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Turn the Instant Pot to your saute setting.
- Saute the butter and rice for about 4 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Stir to incorporate.
- Lock the lid in place and set timer to manual, high pressure, 10 minutes. *Make sure valve is in sealing position.
- Once timer is up, do a quick release.
- Remove the lid once all the pressure has released and the pin has dropped.
- Fluff rice with a fork and serve!